About The Kingdom Church
The Love Fellowship Tabernacle was established in April of 1994. The church was initially housed at 2425 Pacific Street, Brooklyn, New York whose membership of eight worshippers was considered the ‘cradle’ of the Tabernacle. The church located in East New York was dedicated to helping people and winning souls for the Lord Jesus Christ. As a result, numerous people have received salvation and deliverance through this ministry. The impact of the presence and work of the church in its first year was so monumental that Peter Jennings from, “ABC World News Tonight” documented that there had been a 30% drop in crime in the East New York section of Brooklyn due to the existence of LFT. These statistics were released and substantiated by both the 73rd and 75th police precincts. The reduction in crime was accredited to Pastor Walker’s ability to teach and preach the Word of God to the point that many abdicated their lives of drugs, crime, and sin.
Based on the pace in which the membership was increasing, Pastor Walker sought the Lord for a much larger facility in order to house the people. In 1996, Love Fellowship Tabernacle moved to its present location, 464 Liberty Avenue, Brooklyn, New York. After five years of faithful ministry, the church membership has grown from eight to over 1,800 members. As the church began to grow, Pastor Walker found it necessary to implement varied ministries within the church. These ministries were initiated in order to not only address the needs of the people from a holistic perspective, but to also give the membership the opportunity to exercise their gifts and talents in a non-threatening environment.
what we believe
THE BASIC FUNDAMENTAL DOCTRINE OF THIS ORGANIZATION SHALL BE THE BIBLE STANDARD OF FULL SALVATION, WHICH IS REPENTANCE, BAPTISM IN WATER BY IMMERSION IN THE NAME OF THE LORD JESUS CHRIST FOR THE REMISSION OF SINS AND THE BAPTISM OF THE HOLY GHOST WITH THE INITIAL SIGN OF SPEAKING WITH OTHER TONGUES AS THE SPIRIT GIVES UTTERANCE.
* WE believe the Bible to be the inspired and only infallible and authoritative Word of God.
* WE believe that there is One God, revealed in three manifestations:
* Father (In Creation) Genesis 1:1
* God the Son (In redemption) John 3:16
* God the Holy Spirit (In the Church) Acts 2
* WE believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ (God in the flesh)
* WE believe in His virgin birth, in His miracles, in his anointing death, in his bodily resurrection, and in His personal future return to this earth in power and glory to rule over the nations.
* WE believe that the only means of being cleansed from sin is through repentance and faith in the precious blood of Christ.
* WE believe in the obedience of being baptized in water according to Matthew 28:19.
* WE believe in being baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ according to Acts 2:38, so that our old man is crucified and the body of sin can be destroyed according to Romans 6:3-6.
* WE believe that regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential for personal salvation.
* WE believe that the baptism of the Holy Spirit, according to Acts 2:4 is given to believers who confess, repent and are baptized.
* WE believe that the redemptive work of Christ on the cross provides healing of the human body in answer to believing prayer.